Year 3 English Homework
We are continuing with the myths and legends theme this week and would like you to have a go at writing your own. We have given you a few documents that could help you develop your own story. You don’t need to print them out, just look at them on your screen. Below are some suggested steps to help you.
- First have a look at the myths and legends story writing guide to give you an idea of what you need to include in your story.
- Create your main character, who is usually the hero.
- Create your monster or problem your hero has to face.
- Use the story mountain to help you plan your story from beginning to end.
- Have a go at writing each section of the story.
You can also use the question prompts to help you think about other details you need to include in your story.
Alternatively, if you are struggling to think of your own ideas, you could rewrite the story of Romulus and Remus in your own words using the story cards to help you.
Have fun writing your stories!