Provision for Children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
At Lionwood Junior School we welcome children with a variety of needs and know that our community is enhanced by this diversity of contribution. We ensure that all pupils in our school are equally valued by having equal access to a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities.
Our Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCO) is Miss Faye Herron who is supported in her role by Ms Sarah Arnold.
Miss Herron oversees the identification and provision for children with Special Needs and Disabilities at Lionwood and reports to the Headteacher, Ms Maria Cornish.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Classteacher, SENCO or Headteacher if you are at all concerned about your child’s progress in or out of school.
- We have effective management systems and procedures for SEND, taking into account the current Code of Practice(2015).
- We have successful communication between teachers, children with SEND, parents of SEND children, intervention group leaders and outside agencies.
- We acknowledge and draw on parents’ knowledge and expertise in relation to their own child.
- Through a conferencing approach, the children are encouraged to take an increasingly active role in their review cycle,in line with their readiness to do so.
- We work to develop our successful cluster work with the North Norwich Cluster to develop provision and practice.
- We are committed to developing the knowledge and skills of all staff to manage the challenges of the range of needs in the school, and to ensure that all support is of high quality.
- We have an effective review cycle that allows us to monitor, review and plan for next steps of development.
- We ensure that consideration of SEND crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of teaching and learning