Office 365 OneNote – A guide for parents
OneNote is a safe online collaboration portal which allows us to share home and school learning and keep in touch with our class. Children and parents can open any Class Notebook that has been shared with them by their teacher using OneNote Online.
- All children/parents will be sent a username and password by their class teacher via text or email. The username is an email address that allows the children to only access the secure Microsoft Office 365 Portal that staff at Lionwood Junior School use for their roles and responsibilities in school.
- The Portal is only used by people in our school and the OneNote classrooms that have been set up are only available to the children and parents in the class, the class teacher and the Senior Leadership Team.
- It is a way for us all to share pictures and comments between staff and children.
- The ‘Collaboration Space’ is the place that the whole class can see what each other has been up to and for us to share learning and other adventures. However, the child’s individual home page is only accessible to the teacher, parents and children if there is something you would rather share without other children and parents seeing.
- It is not a route for the parent to contact the class teacher. Please continue to use the email@example.com email for any communication outside of the learning shared in the OneNote.
If you want your child to be able to access this facility, please follow the link below.
If you wish your child’s name to be removed from the list, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Their account only becomes live when you access Onenote for the first time.
To access your OneNote:
1) Open Microsoft 365 on https://www.office.com/
2) Enter username and password. (you will be asked to change your password – so please remember it!)
3) Click on the App Launcher in the top left-hand corner
4) Click on OneNote
5) Click Class Notebooks
6) Your child’s class will then come up as an option.
Your login will be sent to you by text.